My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Because the world needs another knit blog...

Hi! I'm Laurie and this is my first blog, "Scared Sheep", because somewhere out there is a very, very scared sheep - this being a reference to my insatiable desire to knit project upon project!

I'm a film student (going into 3rd year) and can't wait to move back to Toronto in the fall. I first learned to knit about a year ago when I knit a scarf of my own design, which I now affectionately call "The Pinapple Scarf".

This past christmas I went insane and knit eight different scarves which I gifted to seven different friends and family mambers (the eighth being a little gift to myself).
Since then I've knit a small purse, another scarf, a baby sweater (Baby's First Tattoo from SnB Nation - I'll picture it shortly), cat toys, a bath mitt (I started & finished that one last night, and when attempting to use it this morning had an Incident with the dye running like crazy), and two cellphone cozies.


cell cozies - "mac sock" for the boyfriend, pretty yellow for me


Projects currently on the needles include: A tank top (weather's waaaay to hot to worry about finishing a knit tanktop anytime soon), another scarf for a friend who missed the chirstmas spree (I think I'll need to frog this and start over), a tea cozy (ran out of wool... I bet another 3 feet or so would do me...).

Projects on the waiting list are: socks for me, socks for cousin Erin, scarf for cousin Erin.... and possibly chirstmas scarves for cousins? (shhhh!) and gator mitts! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home