My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Lazy Days

The restaurant where I'm working hasn't been giving me enough shifts lately, so I've been pretty bored. I'm trying to make progress on my list of Things To Do This Summer... but it's slow going. I'm worried about money; I've been applying for scholarships, and hoping my original plan of 'work this summer to cover rent for the school year' will still work out.

I frogged a scarf the other day that wasn't working (sorry Jim, I'll try again soon). Today I started cousin Erin's scarf - it's pretty cool, with a wavey pattern of increases and decreases that's fun and been knitting up fairly quicky (ahhh garter stich). After badgering her to let me know what style and colours she wanted, I promptly disreguarded her requests... at least my choice of yarn has her requested colours in it...


Erin's scarf in the works & baby sweater for Breena's almost-ready baby!


Thinking of knitting another cat toy today. I have pet store connections and might be able to sell the toys there if I can make a batch of them. I've found websites selling them for $5, so that's going to be my price too I suppose. Get this hobby paying for itself maybe (or at least making a contribution to itself!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home