My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Back From Holidays

Well, back from my visit to the countryside. Took a bus out to visit my folks for Christmas. It was a decent enough visit, though I wish I could've spent more time with my mom. Between her having to work, and all the Christmas preparations (mom was hosting the family dinner this year) it didn't seem like a whole lot of time.

Not much family was able to show up to the party in the end, but some did. I enjoyed myself and I hope everyone else did! Unfortunately Erika wasn't there, so I couldn't give her the present I had for her (our family draws names, so she's the one I had), so I don't know whether it will really be appreciated or not. I hope so!

After much worry we wouldn't be able to, we did manage to visit my boyfriend's family for a few days as well. Holiday travelling is the one time I really feel the lack of a car!

Didn't manage to finish the besotted scarf for my mom's birthday in time. It's tomorrow, and her scarf is here with me... so close to being finished. I ran out of yarn and hope I can get the same dyelot. It's silly, I'll use so little of the new ball... but the scarf won't look right without it... I'll need to find another project.

So... back in the city, back to looking for a co-op.
And feeling sad about the recent shooting. I hope my mom hasn't seen it on the news (though how could she not? It seems to have become quite an issue) because she'll worry about me. I feel so awful for the girl's family and friends. It's really weird walking down the hallways of a school after suddenly loosing someone who should be there.
Here's wishing everyone the best in the coming New Year! (Gosh, I'm aiming to post again before then!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home