My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

There are no mistakes... It's quaint

A common posting in a lot of knitting blogs has the blogger describing an item they were knitting, and how they noticed (several rows previous to where they are working) a mistake and had to frog everything - or a large amount. I've done the same myself numerous times. But I've decided to take a more relaxed approach. Is the mistake that bad?
Sometimes - like in the case of wrong gauge, dropped stiches... by all means frog it. Lately though, it's been little things, like on one part of a cable ( in the besotted scarf) I held the stiches to the back instead of the front (only on the one, the rest of the row was right)... when I was switching colours. It's kinda obvious. At the same time, it's not horrible. In fact, I think it looks quaint. It's a reminder to the person I'm gifting it to that yes, this is a handknit item, knit with love by me. I make little mistakes every once in a while. They don't stand out, but I'm sure you'd notice them if you were looking closely (with an appreciative eye, of course). It doesn't bother me one bit!

(check out the definition of "quaint", it's perfect! I think knitters ought to keep it in mind)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home