My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Gads, I need a job!

So... the novelty of "holiday" is wearing a little thin. And budgeting is weighing heavily on my mind... not to mention I should look into starting to pay off my OSAP before it gets to the point where they charge interest (they charge a LOT of interest).

I'm trying to get over my shyness enough to drop in on a knitting group, because they're getting together sooo close to my home it would be just plain lazy not to check it out. I'm also considering signing up for the TTC Knit-A-Long the next day. It sounds like a fun day, and I was feeling a little silly for not participating in the last one in the fall.

Oh. I won 2nd prize in a draw, and got a one-month free gym membership... except really they mean 10-day guest pass (which doesn't come with the health/body assessment a membership would), and they really tried to lay on the pressure for me to sign up for an expensive one-year membership. Uuuh, no thanks. That's a bit of bait-and-switch there I think.
Since I'm a wuss, my boyfriend called them up to try getting me my one month membership... the guy told him if I wanted it, I'd need to pay a $99 deposit. We checked them out on the Better Business Bureau, and found out they had complaints reguarding contract issues, billing/collection issues, and refund/exchange issues... I decided to keep my $99 to myself and be content with my 10-day guest pass.

1 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Absolutely drop in on a knitting group. It is great fun and you will certainly get a lot of encouragement to try new things!

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home