My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

From One Extreme to the Other

Boy oh boy! I went from wallowing around all day at my apartment and doing whatever errands I had to do whenever I want, to working 5 days a week. Solid, barely-lunchtime working. It's taken some getting used to, but on this, my third day, I'm feeling a little more comfortable and looking forward more to new challenges.

Also feeling very sore and exhausted from all the running around downtown (dropping things off, picking things up - for work) and physical stuff (packing files, lugging garbage bags) I have to do at work. Methinks I'm a little out of shape. By the time I get home at the end of the day, I just wanna veg out. But there's still dinner to make, groceries, laundry, schoolwork (yes, teachers gave us projects for this co-op semester), family issues that need attention, other industry contacts to milk (which is hard, since now I'm working during the same hours they are, and therefore can't call people while they're at work... because duh, I am too), keeping in touch with friends.... it seems like so much. But people do this everyday. I can handle it.

And here's a new personal little challenge to keep me on my toes.... I think I want to join the Knitting Olympics. The link'll give you more info, but basically you choose a challenging (to you) project, and knit it during the winter olympics (cast on during opening ceremony - Feb. 10 - and be finished, including blocking, when the flame goes out, Feb. 26). I just need to choose a project. As silly as it may sound, I think I might try socks. I've never done them, been wanting to do them, and have only had brief flirtations with double-pointed needles.

I'll search for a pattern and muse over this a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home