My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Jobjob Jobby Job!

Really mature title, I know. I'm full of maturity. In fact, I am so full of maturity, I have secured myself a job, a mere 6 days after graduating. Ok... I've been looking for work since March... and ok.... it's not in my field at all. But I still claim maturity, since I will be able to keep happily paying my bills (well... you know, maybe not "happily"... but paying them anyhow! It's great!).

Have I mentioned I've been horribly envious of sock knitters? Keeping track of all those dpns, creating beautiful custom socks for themselves, their family, and friends! Sooo envious. I tried once last summer, in the car, during a three hour drive to Toronto (on our way to look for apartments, which we were clearly successful at!). It wasn't pretty. I didn't make it past the ribbing, and it was later quietly taken out back and frogged.
Recently, inspired by a prize of two lovely balls of sock yarn, I tried again. Of course, I didn't use the sock yarn... I used a substitute acrylic yarn that will likely make my feet sweet (now that's sexy)... but I've FINISHED one sock! And have been since wearing it around the apartment! To the amusement, and confoundment of my boyfriend, who rolls his eyes as I prance around with one sock!
FInally, about a week after the completion of sock #1, I realized, hey! I have to make TWO of these! Oh!
Sock #2 is underway, almost through the ribbing. It's just a super simple, basic pattern (I modified it to make them more of an ankle sock, and I'm glad I did, because otherwise I would've run out of yarn), but I like it!

I'll post pictures when both socks are done!

And just to share with the world - My grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary is on the 15th! Er, or maybe the 16th! Depending on who you ask! Nanny checked their marriage license, but I don't remember the verdict! We had a big party for them this weekend. It was great! Here's to many more years! Gotta say, I don't think a lot of people thought it would last this long... and you know, they might not be showy with their affection, but there's a lot of care in their relationship. Good for them, and congradulations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home