My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

BUGS!

Eeek!

I was cleaning out my guinea pig cage this morning... As I swept some of the hay/bedding on the floor.... I thought I saw a little bug. But I wasn't sure. It was more likely just another bit of dirt flicked around by the broom. Brushing some old hay off the table (where the pig cage resides), I notice holy smokes, little tiny bugs! Ack! I'm perfectly fine with bugs. I squashed a few with my fingers... trying to deny that there was an infestation. I tracked down the source to the hay. It was quickly contained. I checked the pigs, nothing on them (thank goodness!). I'm not sure whether they're actual harmful bugs or just some little hay-lovin' critters... but I'd rather not take my chances. I'm pitching the rest of the bag (over half *sigh*), and I bought a new one (which I checked carefully). I also sent a frantic email to my mom (a petstore employee who is the source of my piggies' grass) warning her about it and asking her to check the bags she just recently picked up for me, that she was planning to bring the next time we visit. Oh the drama! The oblivious pigs were rather put-off about the bug-checking.

In knitting news... you know that blue mitten I was knitting? I finished it last week at a knit night (where it then proceeded to make out with a rainbow sock), and started it's mate. Unfortunatly, I've run out of blue yarn. Sooo... half of the second mitt will be knit in black. I'm calling them my "frost bite mittens". Classy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home