My insatiable desire to knit project upon project must mean that somewhere out there is a very, very Scared Sheep (or really any fibre-for-yarn giving creature/plant). This blog is mainly about knitting, and a sprinkling of my various adventures in life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Birthday!

Wooo!

Ok.... so I didn't really go out and do anything special (that's what FRIDAYS are for)...
But my wonderful boyfriend attempted to make me a cake. I say attempted because he discovered I guess, that he wasn't so sure how to use the oven (we're in a new apartment, it is a strange button system). He did get it working in the end, and I have a half a birthday cake... (lol, apparently the bottom half stuck in the pan, despite greasing). It looks lovely anyhow, he did a super job icing it. Can't wait to have a big slice when I'm not so full of dinner!

Also, I recieved a super gift basket from my mom, and amoung all the wonderful treats were some nice new stitch holders ( I currently use large safety pins, or a handy dpn... no always the best solutions). The funny thing is, the packaging called them "stitch markers" which they really are not. Oh well - certainly not complaining!

Oh! And I never even mentioned, I had a good time at the knitting meetup last wednesday, and I look forward to going again tomorrow night! I'm sure the more I get to know the ladies and gentlemen (there were two, with a couple interested fellows looking on and saying they just may need to join and learn as well), the more fun I'll have. They were all older then me (I was sort of expecting that) but a couple of them couldn't have been toooooo much older.

1 Comments:

Blogger honeykbee said...

Happy Birthday =)

10:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home